Employment Opportunity | Director, Programs
Mission: To educate, equip, and engage diverse leaders and inspire civic involvement.
Vision: A thriving community sustained by an inclusive network of empowered leaders.
Job Title: Director, Programs
Reports to: President & CEO
Status: Exempt/Full Time
The Director, Programs will lead, manage and be accountable for providing high quality programming to provide active learning opportunities and positively connect individuals, organizations, and the community. The goal is to ensure every program is completed successfully to add the highest possible value to the organization and program participants. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Leadership Gwinnett’s vision and mission is essential.
- Hire, train, and mentor Program Coordinator
- Periodic management of interns
- Lead operation and management of multiple volunteer committees critical to the success of Leadership Gwinnett programs
Serve as official project manager for:
LG signature program – Leadership Gwinnett. Includes an orientation, two overnight weekend retreats, seven learning days and several local experiences over a 9-month period.
LG’s short program – Glance Gwinnett. Includes two (2.5 day) sessions per year in spring and fall.
Alumni program – Includes social, educational and engagement programs throughout year.
Other programs as determined.
- Initiate, set goals and develop annual calendar for organization programs
- Plan programs from start to finish, including procedures, milestones, logistics and deadlines. Serve as onsite director for each program
- Create program materials, establish staffing/volunteer needs, and ensure all programs achieve stated objectives
- Budget for program operations and track monthly to stay on budget
- Attract, train, and organize volunteer groups of local leaders (who are program grads) that assist in the planning and execution of all programs
- Routinely monitor program operations for quality and effectiveness and adjust to optimize results
- Cultivate relationships with local Gwinnett businesses, non-profits, government/municipalities, and other program referral sources
- Routinely collaborate with marketing team on program deadline dates and activities for marketing and promotion needs
- Serve as lead administrator of board level committee focused on programs
- Serve as back up support for organization board of directors
- Generate weekly progress reports on all active programs
- Serve as effective spokesperson for organization
- Collaborate in the development and execution of the organizational growth strategy and identify potential funding sources
- Engage with EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) a business model used to clarify, simplify and achieve our vision
- Travel to industry conference to represent the organization (as budgeted.) Routinely benchmark with other leadership organizations
- Increase organizational effectiveness through the spirit of continuous improvement in all program aspects
- Evaluate and advance other projects and responsibilities that support the mission of organization
- 4-7 years of program management (or like) experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills managing multiple projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Ability to perform each project task seamlessly, often switching between high-level strategy and helping with supporting tasks
- Experience managing staff with a talent for empowerment and support
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines with high level of efficiency
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to foresee, manage and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to manage ambiguity and devise solutions even when a clear path is not evident
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment as well as be self-driven and resourceful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Aps, virtual learning platforms and quick learner on program related software
- Share a love and passion for Gwinnett and have the drive to make a difference
- Graduate of similar leadership program a plus
- Professional office environment
- Work closely and share office space with team members
- Remote work available as scheduled
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends, when necessary
- Local travel and occasional domestic travel
- Heavy computer use
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
LG Core Values & Guiding Principles:
- INSPIRE – We inspire hope and curiosity.
- INCLUDE – We embrace shared community ownership and collaborative culture.
- INNOVATE – We innovate to excel in everything we do.
- INTEGRITY – Character is our destiny.
- ETHICS AND ACCOUNTABILITY – We do what we say! We act with honesty, accountability, fairness, and respect for others.
- SYSTEMS THINKING – We see the big picture.
- CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE – We measure and improve what we treasure.
Please send resume and salary requirements to Lisa Zaken at email@example.com. No phone calls please! Due to the high volume of resumes, we are unable to contact every applicant. Applications close Friday, July 8, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Leadership Gwinnett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.