Employment Opportunity | Program Coordinator
About Leadership Gwinnett
Leadership Gwinnett is an award-winning community impact organization that has been a part of the fabric of our community for 36 years. Our mission is to educate, equip, and engage diverse leaders and inspire civic involvement. We do this through innovative programming including the signature nine-month Leadership Gwinnett cohort, Glance Gwinnett, a two-and-a-half-day snapshot event, and a robust Alumni network.
About the position
The Program Coordinator will assist the Senior Director, Programs by managing administrative, programmatic and logistical needs for LG’s educational and social events.
- Work alongside the Senior Director, Programs to support event preparation and logistics for LG Signature program (orientation, two retreats, 7 learning days, study groups and class activities), Glance Gwinnett (2 sessions per year), Alumni Activities (Behind the Scenes, Holiday Party, VIP reception, annual fundraiser, and other alumni activities) including new programs/events planned.
- Arrange catering, parking, transportation, AV for pertinent programs as required.
- Create and manage meeting material needs and event packing lists.
- Coordinate move in and move out activities on event days.
- Manage collection of materials from class, committees, speakers, vendors as required.
- Participate in planning meetings and coordinate follow-up on action steps.
- Assist in management of on-site volunteers.
- Keep stocked on various meeting/event needs.
- Promote LG programs as appropriate.
- Assist Director, Marketing & Communications with database management, social media, recruitment, or marketing projects as required.
- Routinely support and promote LG Vision, Mission & Core Values.
- Contribute to other projects as required by LG team.
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Ability to negotiate and secure best deals for nonprofit organization.
- Ability to adapt constantly changing demands in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to foresee, manage and resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment as well as be self-driven and motivated to work independently.
- Knowledge of Gwinnett County and region a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings and late evenings, when necessary.
- Professional office environment.
- Remote work available as scheduled.
- Heavy computer use.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please! Due to the high volume of resumes, we are unable to contact every applicant. Applications close Friday, June 10, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Leadership Gwinnett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.